This is a simple question but one that appears to be a real headache for all beginner vapers who wish to adopt the electronic cigarette.
If you are in this case, here are some elements that will help you for sure!
What role does nicotine play in an e-liquid?
Nicotine is the element that creates the smoker’s addiction. And if choosing your brand of cigarettes seems very simple, choosing an e-liquid is a little more complex because you have to take into account your habits as a former smoker.
Nicotine plays a dual role in a vape e-liquid.
- Nicotine influences the “hit”, that is to say, the contraction of the throat as the vapour passes through. Indeed, the higher the nicotine dosage of your e-liquid, the more you will feel in the throat. On the contrary, the absence of nicotine will bring no sensation to the throat. The Hit, which reproduces the sensation of smoking, is, therefore, an important element in the choice of the nicotine level of your e-liquid.
- Nicotine makes up for the lack felt during the first few days. It is very important to always have the necessary dose of nicotine. The nicotine swallowed during the vape is 5 to 10 times lower than that of a classic cigarette. Therefore, it is quite normal to vape all the time for the first few times.
Which nicotine level to choose for your electronic cigarette?
You have to keep the same nicotine level as your old cigarette.
– If you choose an e-liquid that is too low in nicotine, the electronic cigarette will not fill the gap of the classic cigarette. You can decrease the nicotine dosage of your e-liquid as you go if you wish.
– If you choose an e-liquid that is too strong in nicotine, you risk becoming more dependent and triggering unpleasant effects such as headaches or sore throats.
In either case, there is a high chance of relapse if you are dissatisfied.
So how to make the right choice?
We offer 5 levels of nicotine for your electronic cigarette liquids : 0mg/ml, 3mg/ml, 6mg/ml, 12mg/ml and 18mg/ml.
- Which e-liquid to choose if you smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day?
We recommend that you choose an e-liquid in 18 mg/l. This rate corresponds to a high amount of nicotine and is suitable for consumers of normal to strong cigarettes. The ideal is to associate it with a powerful electronic cigarette with a variable voltage, which allows for increasing the quantity of vapour and the hit on the throat.
- Which e-liquid to choose if you smoke between 10 and 20 cigarettes a day?
We recommend that you choose an e-liquid in 12 mg/l. This rate corresponds to an average amount of nicotine and is suitable for consumers of light cigarettes.
- Which e-liquid to choose if you smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day?
We recommend that you choose an e-liquid in 6 mg/l. This rate corresponds to a low quantity of nicotine and is suitable for consumers of extra light cigarettes.
- Which e-liquid to choose if you smoke up to 5 cigarettes a day?
We recommend that you choose an e-liquid in 3 mg/l. This rate corresponds to a very low quantity of nicotine and is suitable for occasional users.
- Which e-liquid to choose if you are a non-smoker?
We recommend an e-liquid without nicotine 0 mg/l to avoid any risk of addiction and overdose.
On the other hand, a simple calculation formula can also be used to determine your nicotine requirement. It takes into account your cigarette consumption and the nicotine content of your old cigarettes.
Nicotine level to choose for your e-liquid = nicotine level per cigarette (mentioned on the package, in mg) x number of cigarettes consumed per day.
For example, for a smoker who consumes 10 cigarettes per day, at 0.6 mg of nicotine (the unit), the calculation is 0.6 x 10 = 6. The vaper must therefore choose a 6 mg bottle /ml.
This calculation formula is only an aid for choosing the dosage of your e-liquid. It is also necessary that take into account your feelings because it is he who will guide you best.
It is up to each vaper to adapt their nicotine level to the sensation they are looking for and their feelings. If you are still hesitating between two dosages, we advise you to select the highest dosage to avoid creating a lack and a possible relapse.